CDL A Truck Driver
Posted on: November 18, 2021
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Performs pre and post trip inspections of vehicle utilizing
knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures.
Reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy. Checks orders for
correct number of boxes, correct addresses, and support
- Completes time cards, enters trip data into on-board computer
and completes paper logs if necessary. Complies with FMCSA
- Delivers and unloads products utilizing equipment including
tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars and
other devices which assist delivery. Verifies piece count, leaves
the appropriate paperwork and secures the required signatures and
store stamps (when applicable) on delivery documents.
- Operates vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing
accidents, traffic violations and complaints from the public.
- Reports any accident immediately to the Transportation
- Keeps vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure. Reports any
defects promptly using DCVR form.
- Picks up supplies and back hauls from vendors. Completes
- Addresses and resolves customer problems as appropriate.
- Attends mandatory drivers meetings, training or administrative
sessions as required.
- Maintains the Company's professional reputation to customers,
the public and company employees. Projects professional image by
dressing in company provided clothing.
- Assumes other related duties as required or assigned.
- Customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond
precisely to customer orders.
- Professional communication exists with customers and
- Driving and loading functions are performed according to
Company standards and safety regulations.
- Delivery schedules are precisely met. Delays are
- Vehicles are clean and well maintained.
- Good communication and coordination exist with area staff,
related departments, customers, and vendors. Management is well
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier
Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Drivers
License, Class A.
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) laws and
- Understanding of UNFI's safety standards.
- Prefer minimum of one year verified experience operating a
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good math skills
- Solid understanding of receiving and shipping functions
- Good time management skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer
committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for
all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Schedule: Full-time Associated topics: cdl a truck, chofer
clase a comercial, class a driver, company driving team, company
owner, over the road driving, regional driver, regional driver
route, tanker, tanker truck
Keywords: UNFI, Riverside , CDL A Truck Driver, Professions , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!