Industrial Engineer (On site)
Company: OSI Group
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Design, develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for
managing industrial production processes including human work
factors, quality control, cost systems integration, inventory
control, logistics, process flow, material flow, cost analysis, and
production coordination.-- Increase production efficiency and
process yield through people management, technology, and business
- Job is an individual contributor.
- Job is an individual contributor and has no direct
- Develop control systems that help in the analysis of costs and
planning of finances for investments.
- Upgrade processing systems and determine how best to use the
workforce to achieve optimum cost advantages.
- Learn product requirements and ensure that they are met.
- Solve production problems that arise within the organization
- Design information as well as manufacturing systems to
integrate cost and processing design.
- Review and develop optimum cost-efficient processes.
- Monitor general flow of operations.
- Establish programs of work measurement to guarantee fulfillment
of targets and deadlines.
- Determine how best to utilize the workforce to achieve maximum
- Coordinate quality objectives with manufacturing solutions to
maximize product reliability and minimize cost.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding
processing equipment purchases, product specifications,
manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace
to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer
- Estimate product costs and effect of product design changes for
management review, action, and control.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs to measure key
performance indicators (KPI's), reporting yields, efficiencies,
quality, and reliability data.
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to
determine standards and establish cost objectives.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and
cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility
- This role has the responsibility to understand and places in
practice appropriate safety procedures.-- This responsibility is
achieved through education, training, use of protective equipment
(as applicable) and by following safety policies, regulations,
standards, and laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Required Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in related field is preferred.
- Experience in the food industry is a plus.
- Production and processing knowledge of a raw materials,
production processes, quality control, costs, systems (SAP), and
techniques to maximize the effective manufacture and distribution
- Knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and their
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in
strategic planning, resource allocation, modeling production
methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Working skills on computer and basic application
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the
ability to communicate effectively across vertical and horizontal
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
skills with the ability to drive results.
- Ability to operate on tight deadlines with multiple priorities
that are subject to frequent changes.
- Advanced Excel and the MS suite of products is
- Knowledge of design techniques for processes, technical plans,
blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Administrative and accounting skills.
- BA/BS or equivalent is preferred.
- Industrial Engineering and/or Operations Management would be a
plus.-- -- --
- Work can be performed within a manufacturing plant environment
with noise, extreme temperatures, and significant movement of
powered equipment, people and conveyor (may depend on the
- Work conditions are typical of a food manufacturing
- This role requires 30% domestic travel.
- Position may require the physical agility of lifting up to 50
- Position may require frequent and/or infrequent of bending,
squatting, pushing, pulling, stretching/reaching, use hands or
fingers, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, controls and
standing/walking on concrete flooring.
- Position may require the physical ability to stand/walk for
Greater than 4 hours.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that
believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and
respect. OSI--does not discriminate on the basis of national
origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law. --All applicants
will receive consideration for employment based on merit,
qualifications, and business needs. OSI participates in the
E-Verify program.Required Experience
Keywords: OSI Group, Riverside , Industrial Engineer (On site), Professions , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...