Driver - Tractor Trailer
Company: White Cap
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Click APPLY BELOW!
A position at White Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an
exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have
a variety of career opportunities. The White Cap family is
committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being
deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our
associates are the driving force behind this commitment. Job
Summary Make long-haul deliveries to customer job sites while
adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and
unload at customer site. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customer and contacts customer if they
are not present.
- Loads truck with merchandise to be delivered and unloads
merchandise for customer.
- Pulls orders to match manifest.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues. Nature and
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve
desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by
interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves
periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority. Work
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of
responsibility. Preferred Qualifications Hazmat Endorsements &
flatbed experience If you're looking to play a role in building
America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can't wait to
meet you. For California job seekers: Pay Range $23.80-$34.40
Hourly California law requires the posting of the salary range for
advertised jobs. This range is determined based on market data and
internal pay practices to establish a minimum and maximum value for
a job. Individual base pay is determined based on a variety of
elements including experience, skills, internal equity and other
factors. For additional details on benefits, please review the full
job description on White Cap Jobs (https://whitecap.jobs/)
Functional Area Logistics Recruiter Galbreath, Janna Req ID
WCJR-014927 White Cap is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Qualified candidates, please click Apply below and complete all
steps that follow. It will take no more then 10 minutes on any
Keywords: White Cap, Riverside , Driver - Tractor Trailer, Professions , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!