Director of Construction
Posted on: September 11, 2018
About OpendoorAt Opendoor, were on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We make buying and selling home stress-free and instant. Weve built an exceptional team, have raised over $600 million from top-notch investors and are growing fast, buying and selling more than $100 million of homes per month.
The Head of Homes (Director of Construction) leads a field and office based team in an assigned market that plays a critical role in Opendoors purchase, renovation and resale of single-family homes. The renovations department is specifically responsible for a) the creation of repair and renovation scopes to facilitate the due diligence process prior to purchase, b) the execution of those scopes to ensure the cost-effective delivery of a safe and desirable home, c) ensuring that homes continue to meet quality standards while listed, and d) the execution of buyer directed repairs and renovation prior to resale. The Head of Homes (Director of Construction) will establish a culture that is conducive to Opendoors core principles, resulting in a superior customer experience. The Head of Homes (Director of Construction) will be responsible for:
- Interview, hire and train a team of field and office based personnel designed to operate efficiently, compressing repair and renovation costs while maintaining product quality.
- Manage day-to-day operations to ensure the timely execution of all estimation and renovation activities.
- Analyze local speed, cost and quality performance metrics to identify opportunities and implement corrective action where necessary.
- Source, vet, onboard and manage a diverse set of local contractors and vendors to execute renovation scopes including the negotiation of local pricing for standard contractor services and products.
- Review and approve initial repair and renovation scopes to ensure adherence to quality and pricing standards. Review and approve repair overruns; generate feedback loop to improve overall scope and accuracy.
- Support the market GM in all aspects of repair and renovation by collaborating with other internal teams to align goals and meet company objectives.
- Collaborate with national procurement team to structure cost effective programs that meet local operational demands and drive product quality and consistency.
- General computer/software skills and willingness to learn new software programs
- Quantitative and data analysis skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- A team-first mentality and eagerness to set and meet aggressive goals
- Attention to detail and deadlines
The Renovations Lead will bring:
- 10+ years in residential construction/renovation management
- Deep market knowledge of pricing, resources, municipality regulations, etc
- Strong network of superintendents, construction managers, and general contractors that can be incorporated into the Opendoor platform
- Production homebuilding experience
- Rehab and remodeling experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
What we are excited to offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage with optional 70% coverage for dependent
- Open vacation policy
- Educational budget for whatever interests you
- Fitness/Commute stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Catered meals
Opendoor values OpennessOur team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Keywords: Opendoor, Riverside , Director of Construction, Professions , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!