Sr. PeopleSoft Functional Analyst
Company: University of California - UC Path Center
Posted on: October 17, 2019
The UCPath Center is a crucial component of the University of
California's high-priority project to centralize, streamline and
standardize the university's HR, payroll, benefits, general ledger,
work force administration and academic processes. Located in
Riverside, the UCPath Center will serve all the university's
216,000 employees from UC's campuses, medical centers and research
Serves as the Senior PeopleSoft HCM Functional IT contact within
various business workstreams including providing PeopleSoft
support, content expertise, and business process best
In support of UC customers:
* Applies advanced business analysis concepts to identify, evaluate
and define highly complex PeopleSoft solutions.
* Validates technical solutions built by UCOP technical teams and
develops test cases by writing detailed test scripts and executes
* Documents business process improvement efforts using best
practices and resolves production support issues.
* Performs complex tasks related to the support, maintenance,
testing and enhancement of PeopleSoft HCM. May handle moderately
complex projects independently.
* Analyzes business needs, creates detailed PeopleSoft business
requirements and functional designs, develops/validates PeopleSoft
solutions leveraging PeopleSoft knowledge and best practices.
Considers the business implications of applying technology to the
current and future PeopleSoft business environment. Prepares and
obtains approval for business process and procedural
* Provides PeopleSoft end user support including completing system
demonstrations, and provides PeopleSoft best practice consultation,
training and functional IT support.
* Initiates, designs or modifies highly complex systems and
procedures where standardized policies or procedures may or may not
* Gathers and analyzes data to prepare business process and
* Performs activities required for changes in PeopleSoft
maintenance and system standards.
* Develops test cases and test scripts for the preparation and
execution of system testing, system integration testing, and user
acceptance testing according to test plans. Completes through
detailed test cases execution to ensure software and reports are
* Leads cross-functional teams to address business process or
systems issues during testing and operational activities.
* Works with other functional support resources and makes solution
recommendations to ensure user requirements are met in a timely and
efficient manner. May lead the implementation of approved
* Works closely with UCOP technical teams to ensure system
specifications and system changes meets functional and business
* Performs software evaluation and configuration activities as
* Determines how to support new applications or leverage PeopleSoft
enhancements as required.
* Lead PeopleSoft projects including developing/managing resource
and task plans and managing end user documentation activities.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
* Five to seven years of relevant FUNCTIONAL PeopleSoft HCM IT work
experience including advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM business
processes and procedures.
* Specialized experience with Payroll is strongly preferred.
* Experience with broad range of PeopleSoft HCM modules: Core HR,
Benefits, Payroll, WFA, GL.
* Experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 and above.
* Experience performing PeopleSoft business analyst functions
including writing functional design specifications, developing test
scripts, managing/updating configuration, implementing best
practice solutions and providing ongoing support as required.
* Expertise with complex process and systems requirement
documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story
creations and narrative description.
* Experience with process analysis, systems analysis, process
architectures and systems analysis methodologies and practices
including waterfall and Agile.
* Advanced skills and methodologies associated with software
design, modification and implementation.
* Experience with working directly with end users in a production
* Ability to use SQL or other query tools to perform analysis.
* Experience with leading projects, self-motivated and works
independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and
meet deadlines. Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse
* Experience in a higher education institution and experience
developing and managing project plans is highly desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: University of California - UC Path Center, Riverside , Sr. PeopleSoft Functional Analyst, Professions , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!