ICS Sales Specialist
Company: Simpson Strong-Tie
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Position SummaryThe ICS Sales Specialist position promotes Component Solutions Software, connector plates, as well as related hardware to the component manufacturing industry through technical sales, training and customer support. Component Solutions Software is used by component manufacturers and design professionals - encompassing Truss, Wall Panel and Engineered Wood Products (EWP) design. Additional responsibilities include any reasonable functions warranted to constructively represent Simpson Strong-Tie and our products.Responsibilities 50% of the time you will: Work daily in the field and creates his or her travel/work schedule with frequent overnight stays. Calls on and visits component manufacturers to provide software demonstrations, training and to learn about a customer's business. Assists customers with both in house and field issues when needed. Review construction documents/building plans for component design accuracy. Provides technical support when necessary. Assist with writing and/or reviewing project requirements, workflows and works daily in ICS software. Maintains a positive rapport with component manufacturers and positively represents the company at industry trade associations. 20% of the time you will: Understand Component Manufacturer's operations and communicate their needs to the software development team in order to provide software solutions that exceed expectations. 20% of the time you will: Develop and implement strategies for territory growth, regularly monitor progress as well as gather, scrutinize, and report competitive information from the field. Conduct analysis relevant to developing and/or maintaining a suitable distribution network, including potential new customers and occasionally participate in new product and market research and development. 10% of the time you will: Identify opportunities, understand competitive trade-offs, and work with the Territory Manager and other sales force team members to provide "No-equal" knowledge and support to customers. Requires teamwork, punctuality and reliability with other company team members and most importantly our customers. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 years of relevant experience in building components and design software
- Customer focus: Quickly and effectively solve customer problems and maintain productive customer relationships. Readily adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing customer needs. Recognize potentially adverse customer reactions and develop better alternatives.
- Self-management: Set priorities, goals and timelines to achieve maximum productivity. Manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner. Create his/her travel and work schedule to meet department objectives and customer needs.
- Math: Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to component design and analysis. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Reading and writing: Read and interpret technical documents such as building plans, details, truss design drawings and other similar construction documents. Write routine reports and correspondence including software specifications.
- Speaking and communication: Communicate verbally in an appropriate way for the audience he/she is speaking to. Communicate effectively and respectfully with co-workers. Listen with full attention to what other people are saying, making sure to understand the needs being expressed, asking questions as appropriate without interrupting. Speak proficiently in front of groups of customers, coworkers, and managers.
- Analysis/Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Accountability and dependability: Arrive to appointments/meetings on time and follow instructions, policies, and procedures. Fulfill commitments made to customers, peers, co-workers, and managers. Hold self and others accountable for measureable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- Driving record: Possess and maintain a driving record which complies with company policy.
- Computer/Software: Ability to utilize Microsoft Office suite, working knowledge of SQL databases, and basic understanding of computer networking, along with hardware and software troubleshooting. Travel Required This job requires domestic/international travel, 50% of the time.Work Status & Location This exempt position is located in regions covering southern California. In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
Keywords: Simpson Strong-Tie, Riverside , ICS Sales Specialist, Sales , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!